Category: Community

• Arbutus Library

I missed the Bookmobile on Thursday so we went to check out the Arbutus Library. What a delightful experience. I am a library junkie, I visit libraries when traveling just to see what they offer. Now I have a 25,000 square foot library less than 2 miles away. The new book section had 4 big…

• Around Town in Catonsville

New residents can sign up for the Around Town Bus tour of Catonsville and Arbutus every month. Tuesday was our turn on the two hour tour on a Charlestown shuttle bus. A resident who grew up in Catonsville and who lived for 40 years in Arbutus was our tour guide. Although we lived in the…

• Easy Street

It’s been two weeks since we moved in. We marked our anniversary by paying off  the balance of our deposit now that the house in Warner Robins closed. The sales office has moved to a temporary building in from of Charlestown Square but Neale met us in the old offices. The front of the building…

• CCRC Life Begins

Here we are a month later, moved in to Apt. 511 in the St. Charles at the large Charlestown Retirement Community. All in all, the packing and move went as arranged. Thank heaven, my cleaning lady for the past 6 years opened a thrift store on May 1. She took the furniture and other “stuff”…

• April Travels

April seems to be flying back. First, I attended the state convention of AAUW Georgia the first weekend. We flew to Baltimore to visit family, the daughters in Alexandria and my parents in Baltimore the next week.  The parents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary April 7. What a very long time to be married. My…

• Bare Bulb Coffee

Everyone needs to have a hangout. Some have a favorite bar, restaurant or coffee shop. The locally owned coffee shops closed over the past two years so I had no place to go. Starbucks doesn’t do it for me. Besides, it was too far away. But with the new Bare Bulb Cafe I have found…

• MGDWC New President

I was elected the new President of the Middle Georgia Democratic Women’s Club today. My position starts January 2010. The group has been around for several years with many of the charter members still attending. We meet 10 times a year with the goal of promoting the Democratic party in our area.

• Photo in National Newsletter

I was surprised to see my photo in the Fall newsletter of the National Federation of Democratic Women. A photo taken at Jim Marshall’s town hall meeting made it into the newsletter. See page 4.  http://www.nfdw.com/PDF/NFDW_fall_09.pdf